Monday, December 5, 2011

Where do CA tax dollars go?

I will continue to do all that I can to remain objective. I am the editor of this blog; however I conceed it is likely impossible to avoid conveying my vantage and opinions. If you open a news paper this week you will be reminded of the emergency measures in 2009 after the high-speed commuter train from San Francisco to Los Angeles was passed. The follow-up ballot was to prioritize bond monies and their respective spending allocations.

I ask to to be critical with all of the information you are bombarded with on a daily basis. Specifically I want you to think about the ear-marked dollars. If a percentage of the rail road is paid for by both state and federal taxes, couldn't the solution be otherwise? I suggest the U.S.A. Treasury print stimulus money only for this project. If this new train has potential to improve the economy and, thereby, increase tax revenue in the future than why collect money from every citizen?

After you read the article I encourage you to share your thoughts and questions with a friend. You can also email me if you need further clarifications and I will, to the best of my ability, respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment